Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer this summer? Are you interested in helping out with programs and various other tasks while earning service hours, all while having fun? Then we are looking for you! We have several different positions available.
- Face Masks and social distancing will be required for all events.
- All positions will require an orientation, which will be decided at a later date, and based on VolunTeens availability. Note: The Book Buddies orientation will take place half an hour before your first book buddy shift.
Book Buddies (12 positions)
- Mondays afternoons & Thursday mornings; times TBD
- Will be outside on the east lawn
- Kids grades 1-6 read to their teen buddy.
- VolunTeens will be expected to listen to kids reads and encourage them in their reading.
- Must commit to a minimum of 6 out of 8 weeks. (June 7-July 26)
- Only need to do either Monday or Thursday. You do not need to commit to both days.
Prairie Patch STEM Garden Assistant (4 Positions)
-Fridays, July 9-30, 9-11 a.m.
- Will be outside
- VolunTeens work in garden to help kids learn natural science and math skills and harvest the garden for the Community Market
Mid-Kids ArtDoors Assistants (4 positions)
-Tuesdays, June 8 & 15 and July 13 & 27, 10-11:45 a.m.
-VolunTeens help kids with projects, help set up and clean up, etc.
Movie Nights (4 positions)
-Saturdays June 12 & 19 and July 10 & 24 6-10 p.m. May end earlier, depending on movie runtime.
-VolunTeens will help set up the parking lot, direct parking, clean up, etc.
Family Nights (4 positions)
- Thursdays, June 10 & 17 and July 8, 15, & 22, 5:45-8 p.m.
- Teens help set up/direct guest, clean up
Mud Kitchen (2 positions)
-Mondays June 7-28, 9-11 a.m.
-Outdoor sensory play for children in prairie patch
-Help set up/clean up, etc.
Pollinator Day Celebration Assistants (4 Positions)
- Saturday, June 26, 9:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
-Help set up and clean up
Put on Your Owl Eyes (2 positions)
-July 29, noon-2 p.m.
-Help set up and clean up, etc.
The Teen Advisory and Service Committee is a forum for teens in grades 7-12 . . .
- To have fun and meet other teens
- To have a voice in planning library activities for teens
- To help librarians with programs and events for children
- To gain leadership and basic job skills while earning community services hours
Music & Writing Competitions
We have a variety of reading challenges where you can read to earn prizes.
Download the latest issues of magazines like People and Vogue.
Stream and download of popular artists through hoopla.
Explore Creativebug for arts and crafts projects.
Our databases can help you with your research needs.
Through Brainfuse HelpNow, find live online tutoring 2 - 11 p.m. daily, plus a writing center (get individualized feedback on your papers), and a test center with practice tests including AP, ACT, and GED.
Through Brainfuse Learn Now, there is live tutoring help from 2 - 11 p.m, plus lessons and practice tests for teens.
We have an expansive Tech Takeout collection complete with everything from cameras to laptops.
Explore digital options on our online program calendar.