Technology Classes & Programs - We have several options for learning technology
NEW! Microsoft Word Essentials - Video Course
There are two parts to this class. Part one is a Lynda.com video course on Microsoft Word. The course is recorded, and you can watch it from home at your convenience. After registering, you will be sent the links to the class. Be sure to include a valid email. Register here until Oct. 16. Note: The link gives a specific date and time, but you can take the class at your convenience.
Then, after you watch the class, there are two meetings to check-in and ask questions, live via Zoom. Register for the classes by clicking the links
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, 6 p.m.: Check-in, ask questions, and talk to others who are watching the course
- Wednesday, Oct. 28 - 6 p.m.: Discuss the course, ask questions, and get recommendations for more courses.
Classes are held in our large meeting room. The tables are cleaned prior to the class. Workstations are spread apart and limited to six people. Face masks are required and social distancing will be maintained during these programs. IPPL cardholders only. Registration is required.
Live via Zoom
Classes are held via Zoom, a free online video meeting software. Learn how to join a Zoom program for the first time by watching this step by step tutorial on registering for and joining a library Zoom program. See all upcoming in-person and Zoom technology classes and programs.
On-Demand on YouTube
Learn on your own time with videos from our expert technology instructors. View all technology videos on YouTube.
- lynda.com from LinkedIn Learning offers thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts. Topics cover Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word), and 3D printing and design.
- Niche Academy - Online video instruction for using our eLibrary collections, research databases, and technology.
- Computer Basics
- Google - Access all of these free web-based programs with a Google e-mail account, Gmail.
- Google Docs - A word processing application. With Google Docs, you can create, share, and edit documents in your web browser.
- Google Sheets - A program for creating and editing spreadsheets. With Google Sheets, you can create, share, and edit spreadsheets in your web browser.
- Google Slides - A program for creating and editing presentations. With Google Slides, you can create, share, edit, and present slideshows in your web browser.
- Google Drive - A cloud storage service wiith up to 15 GB of space for free, you can store photos, documents, videos, and more in just a few clicks.
- Google Photos - An online storage service that allows you to save, organize, and share all your favorite photographs.
- Google Forms - Create free online surveys, polls, and quizzes. With Google Forms, you can create, edit, personalize, and share surveys in your web browser.
- Pinterest - A social network that allows users to share and discover ideas, interests, recipes, style and DIY guides, and more.
- Twitter - A social media site that lets you interact with other Twitter accounts via “tweets”. For the latest information, follow news outlets, politicians, chefs, athletes, artists, or even your local weather service.
Learn Free offers free self-paced tutorials to help with technology.
Handouts & Resources
Computer & Tablet Basics
- Windows 10 - Presentation, Keyboard, Mouse, Shortcut Keys, and books on Windows 10
- Email Basics - Email Terms, Attachments
- Internet Basics - Presentation, Internet Terms, and Books on the Internet
- iPad/iPhone Basics- App Guide, iPad Quick Reference Guide, and books on iPhone & iPad
- Samsung Galaxy/Android Basics - Quick Reference Guide, App Guide, and books on Samsung and Android
Microsoft Office 2016
- Excel Formulas & Functions - Handout, and books on Excel
- Excel Sort & Filter - Handout, and books on Excel
- PowerPoint Introduction and Books on PowerPoint
- Word Introduction and Books on Word
- Cutting the Cable Cord/Streaming Services - Streaming Devices and Guide to Free Streaming
- Online Video Software - From free to low-cost options for having online video meetings. The library is using Zoom for online programming.